1. What turns you on, creatively or otherwise?
In the creativity department, living life in general is what turns me on. I’ve always written about the darker sides of life…addiction, mental illness, grief. All that fun stuff. In the “otherwise” department? I love dark, gritty independent films and documentaries, love me some Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode amongst countless others, the occasional video game is always a good time, and I enjoy writing and am working on a book.
2. What’s a good tip for someone who wants to be you for Halloween?
Dress like a janitor, clean people’s toilets without provocation and act like it’s totally normal.
3. Which celebrity’s hair do you covet most?
Robert Smith of The Cure
4. What would your death-row last meal be?
5. What’s your juiciest vice or guiltiest pleasure?
Diet Doctor Pepper and Korn.
6. What extravagant purchase should probably make you feel guiltier?
A three pack of chocolate chip cookies at the gas station.
7. When’s (and why’s) the last time you wanted to slap someone?
When they thought ‘The Sound Of Silence’ was actually written by Disturbed.
8. What most likely made that stain on your outfit?
Urine. I’m a janitor and I don’t have the best aim myself sometimes.
9. Describe your favorite undergarment.
Any pair of boxers where the spandex waist still functions.
10. What’s a lie you’ve told more than once?
That I don’t care what people think.
BONUS: Where do you see yourself in five minutes?
In the same seat I’m in now, looking at the same screen, working on music.
The OG sound of Synth is back!!! Mike Allen takes you back to the time when Synth Ruled. In an age where most of the music coming out sounds all the same Mike gives you something refreshing yet familiar that’s not the same old usual lick. Music brings back and creates memories, when you listen toit Mike Allen’s pure organic retro inspired Synthwave will do just that.