1. What turns you on, creatively or otherwise? Usually I will hear a phrase or come up with a cool riff and that will spark the creative process. When I start to record a new song, I love where it takes me as more and more layers get added. Sometimes I end up with something completely different than what I had in my head when I started.
2. What’s a good tip for someone who wants to be you for Halloween? To be me you need beat-up dirty hands, lots of scars, a resonator guitar and a case full of blues harps!
3. Which celebrity’s hair do you covet most? Owen Wilson. Longish, kind of a mess, but somehow always looks cool.
4. What would your death-row last meal be? A big pub platter! Nachos, wings, dry ribs, chips, fried pickles, jalapeno poppers and a big glass of dark rum and coke.
5. What’s your juiciest vice or guiltiest pleasure? I love a big greasy burger!
6. What extravagant purchase should probably make you feel guiltier? Parts for my old classic pickup truck. It’s a 1972 GMC shortbox that my dad owned before I was born. He’s gone but I still have the truck and I love to wrench.
7. When’s (and why’s) the last time you wanted to slap someone? Every time I see or hear someone being disrespectful to people in the service industry. I’ve played a lot of gigs at bars and coffee shops and seen my fair share of entitled morons that could use an attitude adjustment.
8. What most likely made that stain on your outfit? Oil, grease or road tar. I’m blue collar, I don’t work in an office.
9. Describe your favourite undergarment. I love when my wife wears anything that’s lacey and girly, especially if its black!
10. What’s a lie you’ve told more than once? When I sit in with other musicians on harmonica I often get asked if I can play whatever iconic harp part or riff. I always tell them I can play anything. That’s not true. I can play ALMOST anything on harmonica!
BONUS: Where do you see yourself in five minutes? In five minutes I’ll be in therapy. (Ripping on the blues harp while playing guitar!)
Gimme those blues when they come from BluesmanDon! It’s a High NRG Bluesy Folk based Rock that honours the music’s roots but with a twist . His music is honest and heartfelt sourcing from his blue collar roots as a mechanic, lumberjack and paving equipment operator way up North in Calgary, Canada. It’s the kinda Blues music that you would hear on a Friday night down at your local Pub, real, honest and relatable.
Make sure and Stream his music via your favourite platform or just tick the link provided